Calendar of Events
Now showing events from January 20, 2017 to January 21, 2017
- Campus VisitJan209:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Muslim Life-Jumah PrayerJan201:00 PM - 2:00 PMJumah Prayer is held each Friday in the Inter-Religious Prayer Room located in the Wilton Center. All are invited to attend.
- Film: The Namesake (U.S./India)Jan203:00 PM - 9:30 PMDir. Mira Nair, US/India, 2007, 122 min. Adapted from Jhumpa Lahiri’s acclaimed novel, this film tells the story of Ashoke and Ashima Ganguli, a young Bengali couple who leave Calcutta to start a new life in New York. The family struggles between assimilation and holding on to familiar traditions. Their son Gogol, named for the Russian writer, feels alienated from his roots. As he grows up... Continue reading
- Jewish Life-Welcoming ShabbatJan205:30 PM - 6:30 PMAs a ritual and communal practice, we welcome Shabbat every Friday at 5:30pm. Here we light the candles, drink the wine, eat challah, and say blessings over it all. In addition, we sing, share stories, laugh, and celebrate. All are welcome!
- Men's Ice HockeyJan2010:00 PM - 12:30 AMHelp us cheer on the Men's Ice Hockey Club at ODU!
- Men's VolleyballJan219:00 AM - 5:00 PMHelp us cheer on the Men's Volleyball Club as they go up against UNC Chapel Hill
- Zen Meditation WorkshopJan2110:00 AM - 11:30 AMIn this 90-minute workshop, participants will learn the basics of Zen meditation, an ancient practice for reducing stress, becoming grounded in the present, and activating our innermost wisdom. The workshop focuses on finding a sustainable posture, practicing mindfulness, and settling restless thoughts. Participants will learn how to establish and maintain a regular meditation practice. Kevin... Continue reading
- Skiing and Snowboarding TripJan211:00 PM - 12:00 AMJoin Outdoor Adventure and Recreation (OAR) program on Saturday, January 21st for an evening of skiing or snowboarding! Wintergreen Resort has a slope for everyone!... Continue reading
- Jeremy Denk, pianoJan217:30 PM - 10:00 PMJeremy Denk is one of America’s foremost pianists – an artist The New York Times hails as someone “you want to hear no matter what he performs.” He is the winner of a 2013 MacArthur “Genius Grant,” the 2014 Avery Fisher Prize, and Musical America’s 2014 Instrumentalist of the Year award. He recently has appeared... Continue reading
- Jeremy Denk, pianoJan217:30 PMJeremy Denk is one of America’s foremost pianists – an artist The New York Times hails as someone “you want to hear no matter what he performs.” He is the winner of a 2013 MacArthur “Genius Grant,” the 2014 Avery Fisher Prize, and Musical America’s 2014 Instrumentalist of the Year award. He recently has appeared as soloist with the... Continue reading