Calendar of Events
Now showing events from February 23, 2017 to February 24, 2017
- Ryland Lecture: Rightward Bound: The Rise of Conservatism in Postwar AmericaFeb237:30 PM - 9:00 PMThe History Department welcomes Dr. Bruce J. Schulman, William E. Huntington Professor and Chair of the History Department at Boston University, who will give the Charles and Elizabeth Ryland Lecture.... Continue reading
- Clay McLeod Chapman, The Pumpkin Pie Show: 20-Year AnniversaryFeb237:30 PMCelebrating his second decade of spinning macabre yarns, author/ performer Clay McLeod Chapman returns to his hometown with The Pumpkin Pie Show — a rigorous storytelling session that Time Out NY guarantees “will send shivers down your spine.” This special anniversary presentation will include a cross-section of personal favorites (and frights) from the last 20 years of... Continue reading
- JOLT Symposium: Cyber SecurityFeb249:00 AM - 4:30 PMPlease join us for the annual JOLT Symposium entitled "Cyber Security: Protecting Against Cyber Threats and Data Breaches through Encryption and Regulation." This year, we are producing a practical symposium featuring thirteen different attorneys speaking to the ethics and regulations involved with cyber security and combatting cyber threats and data breaches. Reception to follow.
- Campus VisitFeb249:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Spiders in RVA: ScienceFeb2412:00 PM - 6:00 PMJoin the Office of Alumni and Career Services as we visit science organizations in the Richmond area. We will be touring the facilities and meeting with representatives from these organizations. Transportation will be provided.... Continue reading
- Pushing Forward: Tips for Landing Your First Post-Graduate JobFeb2412:00 PM - 12:50 PMRecent alumni share strategies, tips and encouragement for 3Ls searching for post-graduate employment. Register via Symplicity.
- Gerrymandering and the Future of Congressional RepresentationFeb2412:30 PM - 1:25 PMPlease join the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement for this week's Brown Bag on Gerrymandering and the Future of Congressional Representation. Speaker Alex Keena, Adjunct Professor of Political Science, will talk about the definitions and process behind redistricting and gerrymandering, as well as the impact gerrymandering may have on democracy, our community, and our nation. Pizza will be... Continue reading
- Muslim Life-Jumah PrayerFeb241:00 PM - 2:00 PMJumah Prayer is held each Friday in the Inter-Religious Prayer Room located in the Wilton Center. All are invited to attend.
- Campus VisitFeb242:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Film Screening: "I Think You're Totally Wrong"Feb243:00 PM - 5:00 PMBest-selling author David Shields will present a screening of “I Think You’re Totally Wrong,” a comedic film adapted from his book of the same name starring James Franco, Caleb Powell and Shields himself. This event is free and open to the public.