Calendar of Events
Now showing events from March 17, 2017 to March 20, 2017
- Kodo, DADAN 2017Mar177:30 PMExploring the limitless possibilities of the traditional Japanese taiko drum, Kodo is forging new directions for a vibrant, living art form. In Japanese, the word “kodo” conveys two meanings. Firstly, “heartbeat,” the primal source of all rhythm. The sound of the great taiko is said to resemble a mother’s heartbeat as felt in the womb, and it is no myth that babies... Continue reading
- Deconstructing Wall StreetMar188:00 AM - 3:00 PMThinking about a career on or off Wall Street? Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to learn about the major areas and career paths in finance from alumni representing prominent firms.... Continue reading
- Campus VisitMar189:15 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- March 18th: Kayaking Trip (Session 1)Mar1812:00 PM - 3:00 PM“Feeling Adventurous? Shake off those winter blues and get outside in the beautiful spring weather! Sign up for an Outdoor Adventure & Recreation (OAR) Kayaking Trip today!... Continue reading
- March 18th: Kayaking Trip (Session 2)Mar183:00 PM - 6:00 PM“Feeling Adventurous? Shake off those winter blues and get outside in the beautiful spring weather! Sign up for an Outdoor Adventure & Recreation (OAR) Kayaking Trip today!... Continue reading
- Duo Piano RecitalMar193:00 PMDoris Wylee-Becker and Richard Becker will perform duo and solo piano music from Viennese Classic, Romantic, and Contemporary repertoires.
- Catholic MassMar195:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is... Continue reading
- Zen Buddhist SanghaMar197:00 PM - 8:30 PMZen Buddhist Sangha, a.k.a. UR Zen, supports the practice and exploration of Buddhist meditation, harmonizing with the present moment through open awareness of body, breath, and mind. We meet weekly in the Interfaith Prayer Room at the Wilton Center on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. The meditation period is 30 minutes. Newcomers can arrange for meditation instruction by email to Kevin,... Continue reading
- Film: Persepolis (France)Mar197:30 PM - 9:15 PMDir. Marjane Satrapi & Vincent Paronnaud, France, 2007, 96 min. A brilliant animated adaptation of Marjane Satrapi’s graphic memoir, told with subversive humor and piercing insight. Growing up in Tehran during the Iranian Revolution, rebellious Marji discovers a love of punk rock, and becomes an outspoken critic of the fundamentalist regime. As she witnesses the transformation of her... Continue reading
- Breakfast with President CrutcherMar208:30 AM - 9:30 AMJoin Dr. Ronald Crutcher, University President, for a morning of informal conversation at this students-only event. Breakfast will be served.