Calendar of Events
Now showing events from April 5, 2017 to April 5, 2017
- Assessment of New Business Models for Renewable Energy Development in VirginiaApr059:00 AM - 12:00 PMOn April 5th 2017, VA-REA will host its second LEAD series forum of 2017 in partnership with the University of Richmond, in Richmond Virginia. ... Continue reading
- Campus VisitApr059:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Admitted Student Campus Visit - Into The WebApr0510:00 AM - 12:00 PMCan't attend a larger open house? Into the Web is a special daily visit experience designed for admitted students. Future Spiders will enjoy a behind the scenes tour with the option of enjoying a complimentary lunch with a current student in our award-winning Heilman Dining Center.
- 3L Graduation FairApr0511:30 AM - 2:30 PMRegalia distribution, banner signing, financial aid information, and more will be provided for graduating law students.
- Christian Law Fellowship Weekly Bible StudyApr0512:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. All are welcome.
- Pizza and Pedagogy: VR in the ClassroomApr0512:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe world of virtual reality is a hot topic in education. VR has also been gaining in popularity on the UR campus thanks to several collaborations between the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology and faculty, utilizing inexpensive solutions like Google Cardboard and the more immersive HTC Vive headset. In this luncheon, Dr. Kristin Bezio and her student, Alyssa... Continue reading
- Food For Thought: Ergonomics & Posture PracticesApr0512:00 PM - 1:00 PMGood posture and ergonomic practices can boost energy, reduce joint and muscle pain, and prevent the onset of muscular skeletal problems, such as carpal tunnel or sciatica. It isn’t always what you do, but how you do what you do that influences how you feel.... Continue reading
- Bridge the Gap: Graduate Panel on Legal Research in EmploymentApr0512:00 PM - 12:50 PMNot sure what to expect over the summer? Come hear from students who have past summer legal experience. They share tips on tackling research projects and balancing workload. Sign up at the library reference desk. Lunch is provided for registered attendees.
- Law Over Lunch: When Equal is Not FairApr0512:00 PM - 1:30 PMIn the past few years, facially neutral housing policies have been challenged as continuing community segregation. Policies such as denying admission to anyone with a criminal record or requiring proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful immigration status, as well as inclusionary and exclusionary zoning practices, all tend to drive racial segregation. As part of the Carrico Center's popular Law Over... Continue reading
- Campus VisitApr052:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading