Calendar of Events
Now showing events from January 27, 2017 to January 30, 2017
- Film: Neukölln Unlimited (Germany)Jan273:00 PM - 9:15 PMDir. Agostino Imondi & Dietmar Ratsch, Germany, 2010, 96 min. A documentary following the Akkouch siblings, talented dancers well-known in the Berlin hip hop scene. Though the family has spent many years in Germany, their residency status remains unresolved, and they fear being deported to Lebanon. While the promise of an artistic career may provide the means to become permanent residents,... Continue reading
- Jewish Life-Welcoming ShabbatJan275:30 PM - 6:30 PMAs a ritual and communal practice, we welcome Shabbat every Friday at 5:30pm. Here we light the candles, drink the wine, eat challah, and say blessings over it all. In addition, we sing, share stories, laugh, and celebrate. All are welcome!
- Ice HockeyJan279:50 PM - 1:00 AMCome out and cheer on the Ice Hockey team at the Richmond Ice Zone against VCU!
- Yosvany Terry + the Afro-Cuban SextetJan287:30 PMCuban-born and Grammy®-nominated saxophonist, composer and chekere player Yosvany Terry is at the crest of a wave of New York-based musicians from Cuba and Latin America transforming the international jazz scene, and his powerhouse Afro-Cuban Sextet serves as the essential vessel for further exploration. Blending a verdant continuum of influences from West... Continue reading
- Ice HockeyJan2810:30 PM - 1:00 AMHelp is cheer on the Ice Hockey team as they go against Northern Virginia Community College at Skate Nation!
- Catholic MassJan295:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is generally... Continue reading
- Zen Buddhist SanghaJan297:00 PM - 8:30 PMZen Buddhist Sangha, a.k.a. UR Zen, supports the practice and exploration of Buddhist meditation, harmonizing with the present moment through open awareness of body, breath, and mind. We meet weekly in the Interfaith Prayer Room at the Wilton Center on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. The meditation period is 30 minutes. Newcomers can arrange for meditation instruction by email to Kevin,... Continue reading
- Film: Neukölln Unlimited (Germany)Jan297:30 PM - 9:15 PMDir. Agostino Imondi & Dietmar Ratsch, Germany, 2010, 96 min. A documentary following the Akkouch siblings, talented dancers well-known in the Berlin hip hop scene. Though the family has spent many years in Germany, their residency status remains unresolved, and they fear being deported to Lebanon. While the promise of an artistic career may provide the means to become permanent residents,... Continue reading
- Campus VisitJan309:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Chesterfield County Police Department Information TableJan3011:00 AM - 2:00 PMSenior Officer Paulie Malatesta with the Chesterfield County Police Department will be hosting an Information Table to talk with students about a career in law enforcement. No appointment necessary…stop by and say 'hello'. All class years in all majors are welcome. www.chesterfieldpd.com