Calendar of Events
Now showing events from February 20, 2017 to February 28, 2017
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer InternshipsFeb205:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship experience? What do I need to do to apply? How do I find an internship opportunity? ... Continue reading
- Resume & Cover Letter WorkshopFeb205:30 PM - 6:30 PMA resume is important to have on hand for internships, jobs, and a variety of other opportunities. And no, you can't just use your high school resume! Come and learn the basics of constructing and maintaining a strong professional resume as well as how to write effective cover letters.
- Deloitte Office HoursFeb2110:00 AM - 4:00 PMReserve your individual meeting time (30 minutes) with Deloitte (Accounting) representatives by February 19. During this time, you will have the opportunity to learn first-hand about the company, as well as upcoming externship opportunities. Come prepared to ask representatives questions. Dress code is at a minimum Business Casual. www.deloitte.com
- Job Search Strategies WorkshopFeb215:00 PM - 6:00 PMYou’ve got your resume, now how do you find a job??? Learn about effective job search resources. Identify the best job search strategies for your personal job search. Create an action plan and get started!
- EY Information SessionFeb215:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf a career in Accounting interests you, consider attending the EY Information Session. EY representatives, which include UR alumni will be on-campus to speak about the company and upcoming opportunities such as the EY Emerging Leaders Program. First Year, Sophomores and Juniors in all majors are welcome to attend. Dress code is business casual. www.ey.com
- TEAMeffort Information TableFeb2211:00 AM - 2:00 PMStop by and learn about TEAMeffort, a non-profit inter-denominational Christian mission organization that provides life-changing, eye-opening, and faith-building mission experiences for youth. Don’t miss opportunities as Summer Staff, Camp Directors, Assistant Directors, and Worship Leaders for all of their 2017 summer mission camp locations! All class years within all majors are welcome.... Continue reading
- International Spiders Working in the U.S.Feb236:00 PM - 7:30 PMA panel and networking reception for international students seeking jobs and internships in the U.S. Learn from and network with international student alumni and current international students who have successfully navigated the job search process on a student visa. Dress is casual. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Banking Boot Camp ApplicationFeb2612:00 AM - 12:00 AMBanking Boot Camp is designed to help you develop an in-depth understanding of how an investment bank operates and prepare you for the rigorous recruiting process for internships at these firms. Weekly sessions will include both lecture and hands-on practice activities to enhance market knowledge and strengthen interviewing skills that will be required to perform well in the process. Opportunities... Continue reading
- MBTI Workshop: Link Your Personality Type to Majors and CareersFeb274:00 PM - 6:00 PMLearning about your personality type can help you to discover how to make more meaningful major and career choices. Prior to the program, attendees will take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment. Results will be given during the workshop through interactive activities for participants to gain a better understanding of their personality type and how it may link to different majors and... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information SessionFeb286:00 PM - 7:00 PMPeace Corps Volunteers will be hosting an Information Panel to talk about their experiences with the world-wide organization. A recruiter will also be present to answer any questions regarding Peace Corps opportunities. This Information Panel is open to all class years in all majors. Dress code is Business Casual. www.peacecorps.gov