Calendar of Events
Now showing events from March 26, 2017 to March 31, 2017
Now showing events for Chaplaincy. Show all events
- Catholic MassMar265:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is... Continue reading
- Zen Buddhist SanghaMar267:00 PM - 8:30 PMZen Buddhist Sangha, a.k.a. UR Zen, supports the practice and exploration of Buddhist meditation, harmonizing with the present moment through open awareness of body, breath, and mind. We meet weekly in the Interfaith Prayer Room at the Wilton Center on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. The meditation period is 30 minutes. Newcomers can arrange for meditation instruction by email to Kevin,... Continue reading
- Multifaith Student Council Dinner and DiscussionMar286:00 PM - 7:00 PMJoin us every Tuesday night from 6-7pm in the Wilton Center for our weekly Supper Club!The Supper Club is a weekly gathering which invites students of all faiths, and those of no faith tradition, to come together for food and discussion. Each dinner will explore current topics and headlines and how our religious traditions inform our understanding of the world around us. All faith traditions are... Continue reading
- BCM MeetingMar287:30 PM - 9:00 PMJoin the Baptist Campus Ministry for their weekly small group meeting.BCM Richmond is a campus ministry open to people of all backgrounds & traditions, welcoming students who are seeking to follow Christ together in community.
- KairosMar288:00 PM - 8:30 PMKairos is a contemplative Christian service that offers students sacred time to reflect on life's deepest questions. Led by Chaplaincy staff and students who serve on the Kairos Leadership Team, the 30-minute service includes scripture, hymns, contemporary music, prayer, candle lighting, and a brief homily. Each week, the service focuses on a theme and question that help students consider their... Continue reading
- Virginia Holocaust Museum Tour and Dinner with SurvivorsMar295:00 PM - 9:00 PMStudents, families, and friends are invited to join University of Richmond Hillel for a trip to the Virginia Holocaust Museum. The visit will include a guided tour of the museum and a dinner with local Holocaust survivors. Buses will leave from the University of Richmond transportation hub promptly at 5 p.m., and participants can plan to return to campus by 9 p.m. ... Continue reading
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship-IgniteMar297:00 PM - 8:00 PMInterVarsity is a campus community that is centered on Jesus Christ. We realize that people are in many different places regarding their spiritual lives. Our hope is that InterVarsity is useful for anyone to come in contact with Jesus and grow in their understanding and enjoyment of His love, grace and truth. Join us on Wednesdays to experience community, learn together and even sing songs that... Continue reading
- Jewish Life-Torah WednesdayMar297:30 PM - 8:30 PMEvery week, on Wednesday nights at 7:30 in the Wilton Center Conference Room, Hillel comes together to discuss different topics, engage in a social action project, or just hang out. Each topic, generated by our Hillel leadership team, is framed through Jewish values. Then, as a group we discuss how this topic is immediately relevant to our lives at UR in the 21st century. We have four... Continue reading
- Agape FellowshipMar307:00 PM - 10:00 PMAgape Fellowship is a Christian ministry that, while welcoming anyone, is designed to bring minority students together to study the Bible and fellowship with one another. The leaders are strong believers that ministry is people and people need the gospel. College students face real life issues and they desperately need to experience real love - God’s agape love. Join us on Thursdays to... Continue reading
- Muslim Life-Jumah PrayerMar311:00 PM - 2:00 PMJumah Prayer is held each Friday in the Inter-Religious Prayer Room located in the Wilton Center. All are invited to attend.