Calendar of Events
Now showing events from January 25, 2017 to March 28, 2017
- Food For Thought: New Year, New GoalsJan2512:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Recreation & Wellness, Human Resources, and Bon Secours for the January Food For Thought Luncheon on "New Year, New Goals", presented by our own Heather Sadowski, Assistant Director of Wellness, and Sarah Sheppard, Fitness Manager. Make sure to reserve your spot in UR Talent Web - lunch is provided!
- Communication Tools & TechniquesFeb079:00 AM - 12:00 PMDiscussing emotional issues is particularly difficult. The "Communications Tools & Techniques" course will help you prepare tailored and more effective communication messages. Self-assessments of communication preferences and skill demonstrations will enhance communication. Participants will have the opportunity to develop action plans for continued development.
- Outstanding Service Awards CeremonyFeb152:00 PM - 4:00 PMThe Outstanding Service Awards Ceremony is February 15th in Camp Concert Hall from 2-4 p.m., with a reception to follow in Modlin Courtyard. This is the time of year when we recognize employees across campus for their exceptional service to the community and celebrate staff members who have served the University for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 years, and more.... Continue reading
- Happy Heart Hour at the Cellar!Feb164:30 PM - 6:00 PMPlease join Human Resources, Recreation and Wellness, and HCA-Virginia for our February Food For Thought Event on Thursday, February 16, from 4:30-6 p.m. in The Cellar. "Happy Heart Hour" will discuss the importance of Heart Health Basics and your numbers for blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides. ... Continue reading
- Managing ConflictMar081:00 PM - 3:00 PMHave you experienced conflict as a result of a lack of confidence or poor communication? Confidence, communication and conflict are intertwined and incredibly important in both our professional and personal lives. Come learn about your conflict management style and its impact on assertive communication. Gain insight and develop an action plan to more effectively manage relationships and outcomes... Continue reading
- UR Employee Wellness FairMar229:00 AM - 4:00 PMUniversity of Richmond’s third annual Wellness Fair is coming soon! Join Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness on Wednesday, March 22 to learn from over 20 vendors about campus and community resources available to you. There will be chair massages, light refreshments, interactive screenings, and giveaways! Stop by any time between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Effective MeetingsMar289:00 AM - 11:00 AMMany of us attend numerous meetings. Time spent in meetings which yield increased understanding, shared agreements and plans to accomplish tangible results is time well spent. However, it can be a challenge to create a meeting environment that produces these outcomes. This course will provide participants with an increased awareness of techniques and skills to design and participate in effective... Continue reading