Calendar of Events
Now showing events from March 19, 2017 to April 10, 2017
Now showing events for Music. Show all events
- Duo Piano RecitalMar193:00 PMDoris Wylee-Becker and Richard Becker will perform duo and solo piano music from Viennese Classic, Romantic, and Contemporary repertoires.
- Ronald Crutcher, cello + Joanne Kong, pianoMar227:30 PMUniversity of Richmond President Ronald A. Crutcher presents his first recital at the Modlin Center, performing Schumann’s Fantasiestücke Op. 73, the Debussy Sonata, the Brahms Sonata in E minor, and Alvin Singleton’s Argoru ii for solo cello.
- Global Music Series: Scandinavian Fiddle DuoMar227:30 PM - 9:00 PMThe Global Music Series brings musicians, dancers, and other artists from all corners of the world directly to Richmond to showcase their virtuosic talents and discuss their culture and art. Scandinavian fiddle duo Lydia and Andrea have been playing Swedish-style fiddle together for the past decade. Much of their shared repertoire comes from central regions of Sweden, with a smattering of... Continue reading
- UR Wind EnsembleMar277:30 PMThe Wind Ensemble’s spring concert features student soloists performing classic and modern repertoire with the Wind Ensemble.
- Global Sounds ConcertApr023:00 PMCelebrate traditional music and dance from around the world with this free, family-friendly concert featuring Japanese, Indonesian, West African, Indian, and Brazilian music. Enjoy dance performances by local and visiting ensembles and stay after the show to interact with the instruments, including the gamelan and drums.
- Bruce Stevens, organApr037:30 PMFaculty artist Bruce Stevens performs solo organ works composed for the Mass by German, French, and Italian master composers.
- UR Symphony OrchestraApr057:30 PMThe University of Richmond Symphony Orchestra presents the world premiere of Virginia composer Allen Wittig’s new work In Tribute for large symphony orchestra, and Saint-Saëns’ Symphony No. 3.
- UR Jazz EnsembleApr067:30 PMFrom Miller to Basie and Ellington, the UR Jazz Ensemble pays tribute to the iconic big bands of the swing era.
- UR Schola Cantorum + Women's ChoraleApr093:00 PMSchola Cantorum and University Women’s Chorale present a program of sacred and secular choral music, including works commemorating the 50th anniversary of Zoltan Kodaly’s death.
- UR Jazz + Contemporary CombosApr107:30 PMFrom bossa nova to swing and beyond! Don’t miss this spring concert, showcasing some of UR’s nest jazz musicians.