Calendar of Events
Now showing events from October 5, 2015 to October 5, 2015
- Intramural Flag FootballOct05All DayRegistration: September 21-24 and September 28-October 1 Weinstein Center from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Cost: $20/team Play: Begins October 5 Intramural Fields Visit IMLeagues for more information, to view teams, and statistics.
- Catalogue of Silence: Sarajevo's Museums and Libraries after the 1992-95 WarOct0512:00 AM - 12:00 AMTanja Softić works across the media of printmaking, drawing, and book arts. She is a recipient of the Pollock-Krasner Grant, a National Endowment for the Arts/ Southern Arts Federation Visual Artist Fellowship, and a Soros Foundation — Open Society Institute Exhibition Support Grant. Her work is included in numerous collections in the United States and abroad, among them the New... Continue reading
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2015Oct05All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center which is dedicated to your QUEST for EXCELLENCE! Please email Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Walton at email@example.com for an individual assessment! Tutorial assistance will be provided from 3:00-9:00 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays, and from 3:00-7:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Come and visit our website!
- Intramural Flag FootballOct05throughOct 06All DayRegistration: September 21-24 and September 28-October 1; Weinstein Center from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.Cost: $20/teamPlay: Begins October 5, Intramural Fields
- Campus VisitOct059:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- 3L Alumni Advisor Program: Developing a Meaningful Relationship (LAW)Oct0512:00 PM - 1:00 PMA panel of alumni will share techniques for maximizing the alumni advisor program with 3L students who have pre-registered.
- Campus VisitOct052:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Math and Computer Science Colloquium: Bayes' Theorem-Making Rational Decisions in the Face of UncertaintyOct053:30 PM - 5:00 PMThe next Math and Computer Science Colloquium features Dr. C. Allen Butler, president of Daniel H. Wagner Associates, Inc.... Continue reading
- Projects for Peace: Info-SessionOct055:15 PM - 6:00 PMUnited World College's Projects for Peace is an undergraduate competition for students to design grassroots "projects for peace." The competition is open to all UR students, U.S. and international, including seniors, and the proposed project can be undertaken as an individual or a group. The project can be done anywhere in the world including the U.S. and should have a long-term impact. The... Continue reading
- Feminism, Beyoncé, and Writing Queer Cuentos: A Talk on Media RepresentationsOct057:00 PM - 8:30 PMWe often only think of TV shows, YouTube videos, and magazine covers as media representations, but words play a critical role in how gender, race, queer, and immigration issues are portrayed — and policed. Words also offer us a powerful vehicle for imagining a different future as evidenced most recently by #blacklivesmatter. Daisy Hernández will discuss reporting and writing at the... Continue reading