Calendar of Events
Now showing events from September 11, 2015 to September 11, 2015
- Campus VisitSep119:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Chair MassagesSep1111:00 AM - 1:00 PMChair massages are offered at no cost during the academic year and are given on a first come, first served basis. Fall 2015 Schedule: Fridays from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Weinstein Center Lobby Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Boatwright Library Please visit the Massage Therapy page for more information about the program.
- 3L Close-Up Series: Criminal Law (LAW)Sep1112:00 PM - 1:00 PMAlumni share information and advice on working within a particular practice or employment setting with a small group of 3L students with a strong interest in that area. Registration: https://c58-shib.symplicity.com/sso/
- Masters SwimmingSep1112:30 PM - 1:30 PMMasters swimming is for all swimming levels and ages. Share your love of the sport of swimming and your enthusiasm for swimming fitness by joining in on the workouts, the competitive (and non-competitive) spirit and the team camaraderie Masters swimming will afford you. Practices are between 2200¿2800 yards, depending on your ability. Alternate workouts are given if you miss a practice.
- CCE Orientation: Goodwill Northside Community Employment CenterSep1112:30 PM - 2:30 PMGoodwill Northside Community Employment Center is a CCE community partner through the Build It program. Orientation is required for all new volunteers.Orientation is on-site. Please meet promptly at the Transportation Hub outside Tyler Haynes Commons (THC). Contact: Garrett Stern, Community Initiatives and Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (804) 484-1633
- CCE Brown Bag: From Protest to Politics to Protest: The Long Civil Rights Movement TodaySep1112:30 PM - 1:25 PMJoin us for this week's Brown Bag discussion on "From Protest to Politics to Protest: The Long Civil Rights Movement Today" with Dr. Julian Hayter, Assistant Professor of Leadership Studies, and Dr. Eric Yellin, Associate Professor of History and American Studies.The Bonner Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) initiated the Brown Bag Discussion Series in support of its mission to bring together... Continue reading
- America's Journey for Justice WorkshopSep111:30 PM - 3:00 PMThe NAACP is currently forming broad coalitions for “America’s Journey for Justice,” an 860 mile march from Selma to DC, Aug 1-Sept 16. The goal of the march is to mobilize activists and advance a focused national advocacy agenda that protects the right of every American to a fair criminal justice system, uncorrupted and unfettered access to the ballot box, sustainable jobs with a living... Continue reading
- Campus VisitSep112:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Richmond Global Health Alliance: Volunteer Opportunity (LAW)Sep115:00 PM - 5:00 PMThe Richmond Global Health Alliance is a 501(c)(3) organization working to facilitate interdisciplinary global health service and education projects. They plan and participate in international service efforts by faculty, students and alumni of the University of Richmond and Virginia Commonwealth University. In recent years, the RGHA team of students and volunteer professionals has led trips to... Continue reading
- Banking Boot Camp DeadlineSep1111:55 PM - 11:55 PMThis program is designed to help prepare students for the investment banking recruiting process by demystifying the different opportunities within investment banking, guide them through the prep needed for technical interview questions, and provide them with opportunities to practice networking and interviewing. ... Continue reading