Calendar of Events
Now showing events from September 9, 2016 to September 11, 2016
- VCU Child Care at Northside OrientationSep092:30 PM - 4:30 PMOrientation is mandatory for all first time volunteers. This orientation will be held on-site. Depart from the Transportation Hub by the lake in front of THC promptly at 2:30 p.m. The first part of the orientation will take place on the van ride over to VCU Child Care at Northside. The next part of the orientation will be on-site from 3-4 p.m. The final part of the orientation will be on the van... Continue reading
- Camille Claudel (France)Sep093:00 PM - 9:30 PM(Dir. Bruno Nuytten, France, 1988) ... Continue reading
- Camille Claudel (France)Sep093:00 PM - 9:00 PMCamille Claudel (Dir. Bruno Nuytten, France, 1988) Described as a “revolt against nature: a woman genius,” Camille Claudel began her career as a sculptor in 19th century France, as an apprentice to the legendary Auguste Rodin, and became his collaborator, muse and lover. This film charts their tumultuous relationship with award winning performances by Isabelle Adjani and Gérard... Continue reading
- Marshall Center Lecture Series: Jennifer RubinSep094:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies' Marshall Center Lecture Series presents Jennifer Rubin, author of the Washington Post’s Right Turn blog and former labor law attorney, for a lecture on Real Statesmanship: Finding Unity in Divisive Times, on Friday, Sept. 9 at 4:30 p.m. in the Weinstein Hall, Brown-Alley Room. The event is free and open to the public but advance registration... Continue reading
- Jewish Life-ShabbatSep095:30 PM - 6:30 PMAs a ritual and communal practice, we welcome Shabbat every Friday at 5:30pm. Here we light the candles, drink the wine, eat challah, and say blessings over it all. In addition, we sing, share stories, laugh, and celebrate. All are welcome!
- The SteelDriversSep097:30 PMThis Grammy® Award-winning group of seasoned bluegrass veterans bring together country, soul, and other contemporary influences to create an unapologetic musical hybrid that is as old as the hills, but fresh as the morning dew.
- James River Regional Clean-UpSep108:30 AM - 1:30 PMThis fall, the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement and the Chesapeake Conservancy are partnering with the James River Association to offer volunteer opportunities for UR students to help restore the health of the James River. ... Continue reading
- Campus VisitSep109:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Museum Story Time for ChildrenSep112:00 PM - 2:45 PMJoin us for Museum Story Time, an entertaining and hands-on experience for kids of all ages. We will be reading from Pam Munoz Ryan's book "Hello Ocean." An art activity and exploration of the exhibitions follow the reading. Free and open to the public, reservations are encouraged by contacting Martha Wright.
- Catholic Life-Sunday MassSep115:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is... Continue reading