Calendar of Events
Now showing events from February 19, 2016 to February 19, 2016
- Tax Preparation Services (LAW)Feb198:00 AM - 5:00 PMUniversity of Richmond is part of the Metrocash Coalition, a group of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites providing free tax preparation services to Individuals and families who earned less than $54,000 in 2015.... Continue reading
- Campus Visit - Winter Visit WeekFeb199:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Georgetown University Government & Nonprofit Career ExpoFeb1910:00 AM - 3:00 PMThe Georgetown University Government & Nonprofit Career Expo connects students with employers from government and nonprofit organizations. Georgetown University’s Career Education Center hosts the event in conjunction with the University of Virginia, the University of Richmond, New York University's Wasserman Center for Career Development and the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of... Continue reading
- Chair MassagesFeb1911:00 AM - 1:00 PMChair massages are offered at no cost during the academic year and are given on a first come, first served basis. Spring 2016 Schedule: Fridays from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Weinstein Center Lobby Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Boatwright Library Please visit the Massage Therapy page for more information about the program.
- Focused Friday: Solving the Plannng Puzzle with Data: Efficient Planning of Competing NeedsFeb1911:30 AM - 1:30 PMWith countless pieces to assemble and no box top to reference, planning a web project is an extremely complicated puzzle to solve. As the picture starts to come together, additional pieces are uncovered. So, what should you do when trying to connect requirements of the puzzle? It is not good enough to capture the requirement; you must attach a set of attributes to each one.... Continue reading
- Judicial Clerkship Series: Bankruptcy Clerkships (LAW)Feb1912:00 PM - 12:45 PMFormer bankruptcy clerks, along with Prof Epstein, will explain what it is like to clerk for a bankruptcy judge, describe what sorts of careers bankruptcy clerkships can prepare you, and outline what judges are seeking from successful applicants. Law students who have gained bankruptcy clerkships will discuss the interview preparation process.
- CCE Brown Bag: Engaging the Next Generation of PhilanthropistsFeb1912:30 PM - 1:25 PMJoin us for this week's Brown Bag discussion on "Engaging the Next Generation of Philanthropists" with April Auger, Tara McGee, and Michael Noble, members of the Leadership Metro Richmond (LMR) Leadership Quest Class of 2015.The Bonner Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) initiated the Brown Bag Discussion Series in support of its mission to bring together campus and community members in... Continue reading
- 2016 Annual Connecting Women of Color ConferenceFeb191:00 PM - 5:00 PMhttp://wc.richmond.edu/The Connecting Women of Color Conference fosters an open dialogue in which undergraduate women can think deeply and critically about current issues. This conference seeks to cultivate an outlet on campus focused on both intellectual and personal development in which women of color at the University of Richmond and their allies can have meaningful dialogues around issues... Continue reading
- Campus Visit - Winter Visit WeekFeb192:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- International Film Series: Planet of Snail (South Korea)Feb193:00 PM - 9:00 PMPlanet of Snail (South Korea, 2012, directed by Seung-jun Yi, 87 min., not rated) Deaf and blind, the world is seemingly impossible for accomplished poet Young-Chan to navigate on his own. With just the use of his tactile senses, he must rely on his tiny wife, Soon-Ho, to connect to the world around him. Despite the challenges that arise, they form a very intimate and capable team.... Continue reading