Calendar of Events
Now showing events from September 23, 2016 to September 23, 2016
- Richmond Solar: An Innovative Solar SolutionSep2310:00 AM - 12:00 PMThis OSHER class, taught by Anthony Smith, focuses on the Richmond Solar project, which represents the first solar power purchase agreement since legislation was passed in 2013. Participants will see the project first-hand, led by the CEO of Secure Futures, the project developer. The course will offer a live case study on the economic and political challenges, and innovative technical, financial,... Continue reading
- John Marshall High School OrientationSep2311:00 AM - 12:30 PMOrientation is mandatory for all first time volunteers.
- Curator's TalkSep2311:30 AM - 12:00 PM"Selections from the Harnett Print Study Center" is presented by Carly Cahill, 2016 Harnett Summer Research Fellow, University Museums, in conjunction with the exhibitions "HPSC@15: A Celebration of the Harnett Print Study Center" and "Night and Day the River Flows: Waterscapes from the Harnett Print Study Center Collection." Free and open to the public!
- How I Got My Public Sector JobSep2312:00 PM - 12:45 PMPublic interest and government practitioners will discuss how they found their career path, and how to position yourself for post-graduate public sector positions.
- Difficult But Necessary [Brown Bag Discussion]Sep2312:30 PM - 1:25 PMJoin us for this Brown Bag as experts unravel the complexity of talking with children and teens about trauma and oppression.
- Passport Café SoiréeSep231:00 PM - 3:00 PMThe Passport Café soirées offer opportunities for those beguiled by the wider world to come together in the International Center Courtyard over food and conversation. Share your international experiences over complimentary food and drink, featuring some of Passport Café's most popular recipes. All students, faculty, and staff are welcome!... Continue reading
- HHMI Science SymposiumSep231:00 PM - 5:30 PMCome learn about cutting-edge research being conducted by our faculty and students in biology, chemistry, physics, math, computer science, and psychology. The HHMI Science Symposium showcases the research conducted by the previous summer's Howard Hughes Medical Institute research fellows, as well as other students doing research in the STEM fields. The event concludes with a guest lecture.... Continue reading
- Passport Café Soirée: Family WeekendSep231:00 PM - 3:00 PMThe Passport Café soirées offer opportunities for those beguiled by the wider world to come together in the International Center Courtyard. Share your international experiences over complimentary food and drink, featuring some of Passport Café's most popular recipes. All students, faculty, and staff are welcome! Students: Bring your family members.
- Muslim Life-Jumah PrayerSep231:00 PM - 2:00 PMJumah Prayer is held each Friday in the Inter-Religious Prayer Room located in the Wilton Center. All are invited to attend.
- Bronze Pour DemonstrationSep232:00 PM - 4:00 PM"Bronze Pour Demonstration" is presented by Mark Rhodes, Associate Professor of Art, and Nathan Hansen-Hilliard, Studio Lab Manager, Department of Art and Art History, University of Richmond. The demonstration is presented in conjunction with the exhibitions "Rodin, The Human Experience: Selections from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Collections" and "Unseen Pompeii: The Photographs of... Continue reading