Calendar of Events
Now showing events from April 9, 2017 to April 10, 2017
- 2017 Org Officer BootcampApr0911:00 AM - 3:30 PMOrg Officer Bootcamp, the annual leadership training for presidents of SOBAC-funded organizations, is designed to equip you with the tools necessary to become a better organizational leader. Each SOBAC-funded organization is required to send one representative to either this session or the April 9 session.
- UR Schola Cantorum + Women's ChoraleApr093:00 PMSchola Cantorum and University Women’s Chorale present a program of sacred and secular choral music, including works commemorating the 50th anniversary of Zoltan Kodaly’s death.
- Palm Sunday MassApr095:00 PM - 6:00 PMPalm Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 5 p.m. on April 9, in the Chapel. The Mass will begin with the blessing and procession of palms.
- Catholic MassApr095:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is... Continue reading
- Zen Buddhist SanghaApr097:00 PM - 8:30 PMZen Buddhist Sangha, a.k.a. UR Zen, supports the practice and exploration of Buddhist meditation, harmonizing with the present moment through open awareness of body, breath, and mind. We meet weekly in the Interfaith Prayer Room at the Wilton Center on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. The meditation period is 30 minutes. Newcomers can arrange for meditation instruction by email to Kevin,... Continue reading
- Film: Ixcanul (Guatemala/France)Apr097:30 PM - 9:15 PMDir. Jayro Bustamante, Guatemala/France, 2015, 93 min. María is a teenager who lives and works with her parents on a coffee plantation at the base of an active volcano. While she awaits her arranged marriage to the plantation’s foreman, she dreams of life beyond her Mayan village and escaping to live in the U.S. An unplanned pregnancy forces her to set a plan in motion to take control of... Continue reading
- Walk-in or schedule an appointment!Apr10All DayDARE TO EXCEL!... Continue reading
- Campus VisitApr109:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- UROSE Open TodayApr101:30 PM - 2:30 PMThe UROSE Office Supply Exchange will be open today from 1:30-2:30 in Puryear 101A. Come by to drop off supplies you no longer need or to do some free shopping! Thank you to everyone who came out last week to participate. UROSE saves University staff an average of $160 per week and over $1000 has been saved over the course of the Fall 2016 semester.
- Campus VisitApr102:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading