Calendar of Events
Now showing events from October 18, 2016 to October 19, 2016
- AccountingFestOct185:30 PM - 8:00 PMJoin us for AccountingFest to hear from Accounting industry professionals and get insider knowledge and tips on externships, internships, and the application process.... Continue reading
- SPCS Degree Program Information SessionOct186:00 PM - 7:30 PMOur Information Session for Working Professionals will answer questions about cost, careers, majors, transfer credits, financial aid and student resources. Meet program coordinators, student advisors, current students, faculty and alumni, and even schedule a pre-admissions advising appointment. Free and open to the public. Online registration is recommended, but walk-ins are welcome.
- Interview WorkshopOct186:00 PM - 7:00 PMIf you will be searching for internships or jobs this year, it’s time to begin preparing for interviews! The earlier that you can learn about interviews and start practicing you will be prepared and confident when the real thing comes along. By attending this interviewing workshop, participants will be able to identify different types of interview questions, to effectively employ strategies... Continue reading
- Multifaith Student Council Supper ClubOct186:00 PM - 7:00 PMJoin us every Tuesday night from 6-7pm in the Wilton Center for our weekly Supper Club!The Supper Club is a weekly gathering which invites students of all faiths, and those of no faith tradition, to come together for food and discussion. Each dinner will explore current topics and headlines and how our religious traditions inform our understanding of the world around us. All faith traditions are... Continue reading
- Creative Application Materials WorkshopOct187:00 PM - 8:00 PMInterested in searching for jobs in marketing, advertising, media, or the arts? Come to this interactive workshop that will outline tips and skills for crafting creative resumes, adding content to your LinkedIn, and exploring ways to showcase your personality and passion through a personal website. This workshop is open to all class years and majors. Please bring your laptop with you.
- Film Screening: Out in the NightOct187:00 PM - 8:30 PMOut in the Night documents the story of four black lesbians charged and convicted for assaulting a man who attacked them on the street in New York City. The award-winning documentary examines the resulting court case and the role that race, gender identity, and sexuality play in the criminal justice system. Director blair dorosh-walther, alongside Renata Hill, one of convicted women, will... Continue reading
- BCM MeetingOct187:30 PM - 9:00 PMJoin the Baptist Campus Ministry for their weekly small group meeting.BCM Richmond is a campus ministry open to people of all backgrounds & traditions, welcoming students who are seeking to follow Christ together in community.
- Jewish Life-Torah TuesdayOct187:30 PM - 8:30 PMEvery week, on Tuesday nights at 7:30 in the Wilton Center Conference Room, Hillel comes together to discuss different topics, engage in a social action project, or just hang out. Each topic, generated by our Hillel leadership team, is framed through Jewish values. Then, as a group we discuss how this topic is immediately relevant to our lives at UR in the 21st century. We have four distinct... Continue reading
- KairosOct188:00 PM - 8:30 PMKairos is a contemplative Christian service that offers students sacred time to reflect on life's deepest questions. Led by Chaplaincy staff and students who serve on the Kairos Leadership Team, the 30-minute service includes scripture, hymns, contemporary music, prayer, candle lighting, and a brief homily. Each week, the service focuses on a theme and question that help students consider their... Continue reading
- Campus VisitOct199:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading