Calendar of Events
Now showing events from September 22, 2016 to September 23, 2016
- Welcome to the City: PhiladelphiaSep226:00 PM - 8:00 PMSpider alumni are invited to welcome the newest class of graduates to Philadelphia and the local alumni network. Help us make these new graduates feel at home by sharing your favorite places and things to do in the city! Complimentary appetizers and cash bar will be provided.... Continue reading
- Welcome to the City: Washington, D.C.Sep226:00 PM - 8:00 PMJoin Spiders in Washington, D.C. for Welcome to the City!... Continue reading
- Martha Graham Dance CompanySep227:30 PMDescribed by The Washington Post as “one of the seven wonders of the artistic universe,” Martha Graham Dance Company has been a leader in dance since its inception in 1926. One of the most celebrated contemporary dance companies in America, Martha Graham Dance Company created and continues to embody a timeless and unique style of dance that has influenced... Continue reading
- Bottimore Lecture: The Cause of All Nations: An International History of the American Civil WarSep227:30 PM - 9:00 PMThe Bottimore Lecture, presented by the Department of History, will feature a lecture from Dr. Don Doyle from the University of South Carolina. Dr. Doyle will discuss the history of the Civil War from an international perspective. This event is free and open to the public.
- Campus VisitSep239:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Richmond Solar: An Innovative Solar SolutionSep2310:00 AM - 12:00 PMThis OSHER class, taught by Anthony Smith, focuses on the Richmond Solar project, which represents the first solar power purchase agreement since legislation was passed in 2013. Participants will see the project first-hand, led by the CEO of Secure Futures, the project developer. The course will offer a live case study on the economic and political challenges, and innovative technical, financial,... Continue reading
- John Marshall High School OrientationSep2311:00 AM - 12:30 PMOrientation is mandatory for all first time volunteers.
- Curator's TalkSep2311:30 AM - 12:00 PM"Selections from the Harnett Print Study Center" is presented by Carly Cahill, 2016 Harnett Summer Research Fellow, University Museums, in conjunction with the exhibitions "HPSC@15: A Celebration of the Harnett Print Study Center" and "Night and Day the River Flows: Waterscapes from the Harnett Print Study Center Collection." Free and open to the public!
- How I Got My Public Sector JobSep2312:00 PM - 12:45 PMPublic interest and government practitioners will discuss how they found their career path, and how to position yourself for post-graduate public sector positions.
- Difficult But Necessary [Brown Bag Discussion]Sep2312:30 PM - 1:25 PMJoin us for this Brown Bag as experts unravel the complexity of talking with children and teens about trauma and oppression.