Calendar of Events
Now showing events from December 2, 2015 to December 3, 2015
- UR Symphony OrchestraDec027:30 PMMaestro Kordzaia and the UR Symphony Orchestra will present 2015 Concerto/Aria competition winner Solomon Quinn performing the first movement of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18, 1st movement as well as Beethoven’s Symphony No. 1 in C major, Op. 21.
- Catalogue of Silence: Sarajevo's Museums and Libraries after the 1992-95 WarDec0312:00 AM - 12:00 AMTanja Softić works across the media of printmaking, drawing, and book arts. She is a recipient of the Pollock-Krasner Grant, a National Endowment for the Arts/ Southern Arts Federation Visual Artist Fellowship, and a Soros Foundation — Open Society Institute Exhibition Support Grant. Her work is included in numerous collections in the United States and abroad, among them the New... Continue reading
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2015Dec03All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center which is dedicated to your QUEST for EXCELLENCE! Please email Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Walton at email@example.com for an individual assessment! Tutorial assistance will be provided from 3:00-9:00 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays, and from 3:00-7:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Come and visit our website!
- Campus VisitDec039:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Cholesterol ScreeningsDec0311:00 AM - 1:00 PMRecreation and Wellness is sponsoring FREE cholesterol screenings the first Thursday of every month from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the lobby of the Weinstein Center. The screenings will be held November 5, December 3, January 7, February 4, March 3, and April 7. This is a non-fasting screening.
- CLF Weekly Bible Study (LAW)Dec0312:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief bible study and discussion. Everyone is welcome! Room 205: Oct 1, Oct 8, Oct 22, Oct 29, Nov 2, Nov 19, Nov 26, Dec 3 Room 103: Oct 15 and Nov 12
- Recreation & Wellness Orientation ProgramDec0312:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Recreation and Wellness Orientation Program consists of three phases to help you make the most out of your membership and reach your goals. Phase I: Get Started! and Phase II: Get Acquainted! are 30-minute and hour-long sessions, respectively, and are scheduled back-to-back so you can attend one or both, whichever you prefer.... Continue reading
- Osher Presentation: A Dickens of a Christmas CarolDec031:00 PM - 3:00 PMWe will examine the culture of Charles Dickens's time, followed by a dramatic reading of A Christmas Carol using the author’s own manuscript. Free and open to the public; online registration required. Lecture and performance by Eric Douglass.
- Presentation Skills Course for EmployeesDec031:00 PM - 4:00 PMAre dread and a vision of a tongue-tied speech your responses to the thought of public speaking? The Presentation Skills course on Thursday, December 3, from 1-4 p.m. will provide instruction as well as opportunities to practice organizing materials, using visual aids, and responding to questions. There will also be instruction and tips to optimize vocal and physical skills which can enhance oral... Continue reading
- Campus VisitDec032:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading