Calendar of Events
Now showing events from January 18, 2017 to January 19, 2017
- Resume & Cover Letter WorkshopJan185:00 PM - 6:00 PMA resume is important to have on hand for internships, jobs, and a variety of other opportunities. And no, you can't just use your high school resume! Come and learn the basics of constructing and maintaining a strong professional resume as well as how to write effective cover letters.
- Higher Achievement Info SessionJan185:30 PM - 6:30 PMLearn how to mentor with Higher Achievement! Higher Achievement is a rigorous academic afterschool & summer program for middle school students in underserved Richmond communities. Your attendance as a perspective mentor will engage you with our program overview, three core components, & volunteer opportunities. We will meet in the CCE Think Tank at 5:30pm on Wednesday, January 18th.
- Peace Corps Information SessionJan186:00 PM - 7:00 PMPeace Corps will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students about opportunities with the world-wide organization. This Session is open to all class years in all majors. Dress code is Business Casual. www.peacecorps.gov
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship-IgniteJan187:00 PM - 8:00 PMInterVarsity is a campus community that is centered on Jesus Christ. We realize that people are in many different places regarding their spiritual lives. Our hope is that InterVarsity is useful for anyone to come in contact with Jesus and grow in their understanding and enjoyment of His love, grace and truth. Join us on Wednesdays to experience community, learn together and even sing songs that... Continue reading
- Harris Williams Information SessionJan187:15 PM - 8:15 PMHarris Williams & Co. will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students regarding their Investment Banking M&A Boot Camp Program (Richmond, VA), which is a two-week training and working session designed to simulate the environment of a full time analyst. This Information Session is open to first year, sophmore, and juniors in all majors. ... Continue reading
- Jewish Life-Weekly WednesdaysJan187:30 PM - 8:30 PMEvery week, on Wednesday nights at 7:30 in the Wilton Center Conference Room, Hillel comes together to discuss different topics, engage in a social action project, or just hang out. Each topic, generated by our Hillel leadership team, is framed through Jewish values. Then, as a group we discuss how this topic is immediately relevant to our lives at UR in the 21st century. We have four... Continue reading
- Campus VisitJan199:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- National Thank Your Mentor DayJan1911:00 AM - 1:00 PMThursday, January 19th is National Thank Your Mentor Day! Stop by the Hanging Lounge in the Commons anytime that day between 11:00a.m. - 1:00p.m. to grab a slice of cake and to write a postcard to someone who has helped you along your path.
- Civic Engagement Week: Career Panel - Alumni Perspectives on Law, Public Policy, and Government RelationsJan1912:00 PM - 1:00 PMLearn how three Richmond Law alums have used their legal expertise – on Capitol Hill and beyond – to support public policy efforts and government relations. Jay Khosla, L’05, serves as the policy director for the Senate Finance Committee. Katherine Payne, L’09, is an associate at Williams Mullen. And Antrell Tyson, L’13, serves as counsel for the U.S. Senate Committee... Continue reading
- Phi Alpha Delta Interest MeetingJan1912:00 PM - 1:00 PMPhi Alpha Delta (PAD) is an international social and legal fraternity, serving UR Law. We will be discussing how to become a member as well as all of our social, academic, and community events for the upcoming year. If you are looking for a great way to get involved with other students, alumni, and a network of lawyers around the country, PAD is the perfect organization to join! Come learn about... Continue reading