Calendar of Events
Now showing events from February 11, 2016 to February 12, 2016
- Richmond Law Softball Interest Meeting (LAW)Feb1112:00 PM - 1:00 PMRichmond Law is once again participating in the Softball tournament at UVA this April, and we are looking for interested law students to join us. We are having and interest meeting this Thursday to tell students about the team and the tournament and to answer any questions.
- A Discussion on Making a Murderer (LAW)Feb1112:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Professor Tate and the Criminal Law Society for a conversation on the popular Netflix docu-series Making a Murder.
- Pro Bono Opportunity: Estate Planning (LAW)Feb111:00 PM - 4:00 PMThe Carrico Center is proud of its partnership with Williams Mullen in the Pro Bono Wills Program. At these clinics, clients will meet with volunteer attorneys and law students, who will draft a basic will, advanced medical directive, and power of attorney. These documents are prepared onsite and executed the same day so that they will be finalized and effective immediately. Law students are... Continue reading
- Nutrition Counseling and AssessmentsFeb112:00 PM - 4:00 PMRecreation and Wellness offers free and confidential nutrition counseling and assistance with the University's registered dietician, Karen Hensley, every Thursday, from 2-4 p.m., in the Weinstein Center. Drop-ins are welcome, but scheduling an appointment is recommended. For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Karen at email@example.com.
- Campus Visit - Tour OnlyFeb113:00 PM - 4:30 PM**Note** The Campus Visit will be a tour only as Admission Officers are reading applications for the Fall 2016 class. Geared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information... Continue reading
- Latinos in Richmond: The Peril and the PromiseFeb116:30 PM - 8:30 PMHosted by University of Richmond professors Lázaro Lima, Patricia Herrera, and Laura Browder, this event will feature a screening of Peril and Promise (1980–2000), episode six of the NEH-supported documentary film Latino Americans, followed by a discussion. This event is free and open to the public.... Continue reading
- ChinaFest 2016: Xi Jinping's China - Goals, Challenges & ProspectsFeb117:00 PM - 8:30 PMXi Jinping has laid out a very ambitious program of wide-ranging reform to set China on a sustainable path to wealth and power. This scholarly lecture will explain why Xi believes major reforms are so necessary, his strategy for achieving them, and the prospects for his success. Please join us for a stimulating evening of discussion with renowned China scholar Kenneth Lieberthal.... Continue reading
- Production Studies III, "STOP KISS"Feb117:30 PMHighlighting provocative contemporary theatre, The PS III Showcase is the culmination of two years of intense theatre study. PS III students select, produce, direct, and design a fullymounted, full-length play under the guidance of department faculty. Whatever play the PS III students choose to produce, it promises to be a compelling, entertaining, and thoughtprovoking evening of theatre.
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2015Feb12All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center which is dedicated to your QUEST for EXCELLENCE! Please email Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Walton at email@example.com for an individual assessment! Tutorial assistance will be provided from 3:00-9:00 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays, and from 3:00-7:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Come and visit our website!
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Spring 2016Feb12All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center which is dedicated to your ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE! Come and visit our website!