Calendar of Events
Now showing events from November 11, 2015 to November 12, 2015
- Campus VisitNov119:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Safe Zone Lunch: Out for Work & LGBTQ Job SeekersNov1112:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin us for our monthly Safe Zone lunch. This month features resources and information on job searching and discussion on coming out in the workplace. We’ll cover researching organization policies and climates, how much to include in your resume and other career documents, interviewing strategies and more. Also get information on how to access Out for Work, a database with resources... Continue reading
- Politics & PolicyNov1112:00 PM - 1:30 PMTBD
- University of Richmond Office Supply Exchange (UROSE)Nov112:00 PM - 4:00 PMThe Office for Sustainability is pleased to host the University of Richmond Office Supply Exchange (UROSE). Run primarily by students, the program allows offices to donate surplus supplies in exchange for free supplies donated by other offices. UROSE allows the University community to reduce waste while saving money. UROSE is open from 2-4 p.m. on Wednesdays in Puryear 101A throughout the... Continue reading
- Artist's TalkNov112:00 PM - 2:45 PMRobert Hodierne, Associate Professor of Journalism, Department of Journalism, University of Richmond, presents an artist's talk in conjunction with his exhibition "Robert Hodierne: Vietnam War Photographs." Free and open to the public.
- Campus VisitNov112:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Making Climate Change Research More Relevant to Natural Resource ManagementNov114:30 PM - 6:00 PMShawn Carter, the acting chief of the National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center (NCCWSC), will give a talk. The NCCWSC works closely with natural and cultural resource managers and scientists from inside and outside of government to gather the information and build the tools needed to help fish and wildlife and their habitats adapt to the impacts of climate change. Carter... Continue reading
- Screening of Full Metal JacketNov117:00 PM - 9:00 PMThe Journalism Department will screen the movie Full Metal Jacket.... Continue reading
- Catalogue of Silence: Sarajevo's Museums and Libraries after the 1992-95 WarNov1212:00 AM - 12:00 AMTanja Softić works across the media of printmaking, drawing, and book arts. She is a recipient of the Pollock-Krasner Grant, a National Endowment for the Arts/ Southern Arts Federation Visual Artist Fellowship, and a Soros Foundation — Open Society Institute Exhibition Support Grant. Her work is included in numerous collections in the United States and abroad, among them the New... Continue reading
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2015Nov12All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center which is dedicated to your QUEST for EXCELLENCE! Please email Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Walton at email@example.com for an individual assessment! Tutorial assistance will be provided from 3:00-9:00 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays, and from 3:00-7:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Come and visit our website!