Calendar of Events
Now showing events from March 22, 2017 to March 22, 2017
- World Water DayMar22All DayWorld Water Day is an internationally recognized day devoted to focusing on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. The theme for World Water Day 2017 is Wastewater. Take some time to explore facts about water and ways that you can conserve water at sustainability.richmond.edu.
- Women and Leadership Reading Group MeetingMar228:00 AM - 9:00 AMJoin the Women and Leadership Reading Group for our monthly meeting in the Westhampton Center Living Room.
- UR Employee Wellness FairMar229:00 AM - 4:00 PMUniversity of Richmond’s third annual Wellness Fair is coming soon!... Continue reading
- Campus VisitMar229:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Developing Opportunities with Small FirmsMar2212:00 PM - 12:50 PMAttorneys from small law firms will discuss their hiring process, including when small firms are most likely to hire; how they identify potential candidates; how to get yourself on the candidate list; and the key characteristics of successful applicants. Register via Symplicity.
- Pizza and Pedagogy: Student Generated QuestionsMar2212:00 PM - 1:00 PMStudent-generated questions are a wonderful teaching strategy for helping students learn course material. Although this is not a new teaching strategy, it is one that is not used a lot in higher education. During this luncheon, Paul Clikeman (Accounting) will share his experience of using student-generated questions over two semesters and how it impacted student learning.... Continue reading
- Campus VisitMar222:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Internship Search WorkshopMar225:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhy is it so important to have an internship and how do you go about finding one? Participants will learn about the importance of summer internships, resources for searching, applying, and funding an internship through the UR Summer Fellowships program. All participants will leave with an action plan to begin searching for their own opportunities.
- SPCS Degree Program Information SessionMar226:00 PM - 7:30 PMOur Information Session for Working Professionals will answer questions about cost, careers, majors, transfer credits, financial aid and student resources. Meet program coordinators, student advisors, current students, faculty and alumni, and even schedule a pre-admissions advising appointment. Free and open to the public. Online registration is recommended, but walk-ins are welcome.
- MBA Alumni Society Quarterly MeetingMar226:00 PM - 8:00 PMThe MBA Alumni Society will hold its fourth meeting of the 2016-17 academic year on Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00-8:00pm in the Reynolds Board Room. Open to MBA alumni interested in leveraging the talents and resources of the MBA alumni community to strengthen the alumni network and promote The Richmond MBA program.