Calendar of Events
Now showing events from November 25, 2016 to November 28, 2016
- Muslim Life-Jumah PrayerNov251:00 PM - 2:00 PMJumah Prayer is held each Friday in the Inter-Religious Prayer Room located in the Wilton Center. All are invited to attend.
- Jewish Life-ShabbatNov255:30 PM - 6:30 PMAs a ritual and communal practice, we welcome Shabbat every Friday at 5:30pm. Here we light the candles, drink the wine, eat challah, and say blessings over it all. In addition, we sing, share stories, laugh, and celebrate. All are welcome!
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2016Nov26All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center where we DARE you TO EXCEL! ... Continue reading
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2016Nov27All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center where we DARE you TO EXCEL! ... Continue reading
- Catholic Life-Sunday MassNov275:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is... Continue reading
- Zen Buddhist SanghaNov277:00 PM - 8:30 PMZen Buddhist Sangha, a.k.a. UR Zen, supports the practice and exploration of Buddhist meditation, harmonizing with the present moment through open awareness of body, breath, and mind. We meet weekly in the Interfaith Prayer Room at the Wilton Center on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. The meditation period is 30 minutes. Newcomers can arrange for meditation instruction by email to Kevin,... Continue reading
- Greek IV-Bible StudiesNov278:00 PM - 9:00 PMGreek IV is a gathering of fraternity and sorority students that is focused on Jesus and designed with Greeks and Greek Life in mind. Join us on Sunday evenings to gather with students from across UR's Greek System to learn together about God and engage Greek Life in a really unique way! For more information on bible study locations contact Rob Hodous at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2016Nov28All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center where we DARE you TO EXCEL! ... Continue reading
- Campus VisitNov289:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Mindfulness MondaysNov2812:00 PM - 1:00 PMAt Mindfulness Mondays, students, faculty, and staff create a space to enhance their individual meditation practice, create a more mindful community, and offer instruction in mindfulness and meditation. It is an opportunity to share knowledge of the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual, and the science-based benefits of meditation.