Calendar of Events
Now showing events from February 21, 2017 to February 21, 2017
- Women and Leadership in Higher EducationFeb214:30 PM - 6:00 PMHosted by the Women and Leadership Reading Group, this event will feature faculty and staff in senior positions at the University of Richmond who will be talking about challenges, achievements, and industry-wide issues related to the topic of gender and leadership in higher education. This event is free and open to faculty, staff, students, and the public. A reception follows. ... Continue reading
- Women and Leadership in Higher EducationFeb214:30 PM - 5:30 PMPlease join us for the panel discussion "Women and Leadership in Higher Education," on Tuesday, February 21, 4:30 pm, in Jepson Hall, room 118. Hosted by the Women and Leadership Reading Group, this event will feature faculty and staff in senior positions at the University of Richmond who will be talking about challenges, achievements, and industry-wide issues related to the topic... Continue reading
- Job Search Strategies WorkshopFeb215:00 PM - 6:00 PMYou’ve got your resume, now how do you find a job??? Learn about effective job search resources. Identify the best job search strategies for your personal job search. Create an action plan and get started!
- Richmond School Board ExcursionFeb215:00 PM - 8:00 PMRichmond is a vibrant center for city and state government and public policy. UR Downtown is located just a few blocks from the Virginia State Capitol and Richmond’s City Hall. The Richmond City Council and Richmond School Board meet regularly in City Hall at 301 North Ninth Street. The Virginia General Assembly convenes session every winter, beginning in January, in the Virginia State... Continue reading
- EY Information SessionFeb215:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf a career in Accounting interests you, consider attending the EY Information Session. EY representatives, which include UR alumni will be on-campus to speak about the company and upcoming opportunities such as the EY Emerging Leaders Program. First Year, Sophomores and Juniors in all majors are welcome to attend. Dress code is business casual. www.ey.com
- SIPLA/GRIPLA Meeting: Patent Litigation TalkFeb215:30 PM - 8:30 PMSIPLA will be holding their February meeting in conjunction with GRIPLA. Prof. Chris Cotropia will be presenting on "Predicting Settlement and Adjudication: Empirical Evidence from Patent Litigation." Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
- Multifaith Student Council Dinner and DiscussionFeb216:00 PM - 7:00 PMJoin us every Tuesday night from 6-7pm in the Wilton Center for our weekly Supper Club!The Supper Club is a weekly gathering which invites students of all faiths, and those of no faith tradition, to come together for food and discussion. Each dinner will explore current topics and headlines and how our religious traditions inform our understanding of the world around us. All faith traditions are... Continue reading
- Law School Basketball NightFeb216:30 PM - 9:00 PMJoin your law school classmates to tailgate in the Down Under before the Richmond Spiders take on the Wildcats of Davidson University on Tuesday, February 21st from 6:30 until the keg runs out! We'll have chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, chips, and a keg for your enjoyment. The basketball game begins at 8 p.m. in the Robins Center. Students will need to reserve their own tickets through the... Continue reading
- Agents of Change DocumentaryFeb217:00 PM - 9:00 PMAgents of Change links the past to the present and the present to the past —making it not just a movie, but a movement. It examines the untold story of the racial conditions on college campuses and in the country that led to these protests. The film’s characters were caught at the crossroads of the civil rights, black power, and anti-Vietnam war movements at a pivotal time... Continue reading
- Young Life CollegeFeb217:00 PM - 10:15 PMYoung Life College at the University of Richmond is a group of students who live life to the full and enjoy building meaningful relationships. Together we plan and host many different events; weekly we have an event called club. In between our weekly clubs, we host trivia nights, backyard brawls, ice cream socials, camp trips, college weekend getaways, and tons of other community building events.... Continue reading