Calendar of Events
Now showing events from March 15, 2017 to March 16, 2017
- Jewish Life-Torah WednesdayMar157:30 PM - 8:30 PMEvery week, on Wednesday nights at 7:30 in the Wilton Center Conference Room, Hillel comes together to discuss different topics, engage in a social action project, or just hang out. Each topic, generated by our Hillel leadership team, is framed through Jewish values. Then, as a group we discuss how this topic is immediately relevant to our lives at UR in the 21st century. We have four... Continue reading
- Campus VisitMar169:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Confident Pluralism: Surviving & Thriving through Deep DifferenceMar1612:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe UR Federalist Society is thrilled to host a conversation with John Inazu, the Sally D. Danforth Distinguished Professor of Law & Religion and Professor of Political Science at Washington University in St. Louis. Professor Inazu will discuss his recent book, Confident Pluralism, and how our society's legal systems and public discourse can thrive in a time of profound division. We hope... Continue reading
- Life After Richmond: Benefits & Job Offer NegotiationMar1612:00 PM - 1:30 PMA part of the Life After Richmond series...... Continue reading
- Sustainability and Art- gallery talkMar1612:00 PM - 12:45 PMGallery talk presented by Tiffany Holmes, artist and Dean of Undergraduate Studies, School of the Art Institute of Chicago; and Rob Andrejewski, Director of Sustainability, University of Richmond. Presented in conjunction with the exhibition "Crooked Data: (Mis)Information in Contemporary Art." Free and open to the public.
- Inside the Black Box: Faculty Scholarship, Research, and ServiceMar1612:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Associate Dean Jessica Erickson in a discussion of the role and importance of faculty scholarship, research, and service. We'll explore how the tenure and hiring processes work - including the role of students in those processes - and we'll discuss the purpose and structure of sabbaticals. Lunch will be served.
- Campus VisitMar162:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Downtown Arts: The End of WarMar165:00 PM - 10:00 PMUR Downtown hosts Downtown Arts gatherings in advance of selected downtown performances for University of Richmond students, faculty, staff, and alumni and local performers and directors. Transportation is provided from campus, and registration is required. Performance tickets will be purchased for students in advance.... Continue reading
- The Ancient Athenian Naval Bases in the Piraeus: The Backbone of the World's First DemocracyMar166:00 PM - 7:30 PMAs part of the Archaelogical Institute of America Lecture Series, Bjorn Loven from the University of Southern Denmark gives a lecture on Athenian naval bases. The lecture is cosponsored by AIA and the Department of Classical Studies. The event is free and open to the public.
- Agape FellowshipMar167:00 PM - 10:00 PMAgape Fellowship is a Christian ministry that, while welcoming anyone, is designed to bring minority students together to study the Bible and fellowship with one another. The leaders are strong believers that ministry is people and people need the gospel. College students face real life issues and they desperately need to experience real love - God’s agape love. Join us on Thursdays to... Continue reading