Calendar of Events
Now showing events from March 17, 2016 to March 17, 2016
- UR Wellness FairMar179:00 AM - 4:00 PMUniversity of Richmond’s annual Wellness Fair is coming soon! Join Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness on Thursday, March 17 to learn from over 20 vendors about campus and community resources available to you. There will be chair massages, light refreshments, interactive screenings, and giveaways! You won’t want to miss this UR Well Employee event.
- Pro Bono Opportunity: Estate Planning (LAW)Mar179:00 AM - 4:00 PMThe Carrico Center is proud of its partnership with Williams Mullen in the Pro Bono Wills Program. At these clinics, clients will meet with volunteer attorneys and law students, who will draft a basic will, advanced medical directive, and power of attorney. These documents are prepared onsite and executed the same day so that they will be finalized and effective immediately. Law students are... Continue reading
- Communication Tools & TechniquesMar179:00 AM - 12:00 PMMisunderstandings abound despite best intentions. Providing feedback on performance or discussing emotional issues is particularly difficult. The "Communications Tools & Techniques" course will help you prepare tailored and more effective communication messages. Self-assessments of communication preferences and skill demonstrations will enhance communication. Participants will have the... Continue reading
- Campus VisitMar179:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- CLF Weekly Bible Study (LAW)Mar1712:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. Everyone is welcome!
- Virginia Mentoring Partnership (VMP) Awards Luncheon & ConferenceMar1712:00 PM - 5:00 PMJoin the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) to attend the 14th Annual Virginia Mentoring Partnership (VMP) Awards Luncheon & Conference on Thursday, March 17, 2016 at the Jefferson Hotel. VMP hosts an annual luncheon to recognize and celebrate outstanding mentors and mentoring programs across the state, followed by a selection of workshops focused on topics of current interest to the... Continue reading
- Nutrition Counseling and AssessmentsMar172:00 PM - 4:00 PMRecreation and Wellness offers free and confidential nutrition counseling and assistance with the University's registered dietician, Karen Hensley, every Thursday, from 2-4 p.m., in the Weinstein Center. Drop-ins are welcome, but scheduling an appointment is recommended. For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Karen at email@example.com.
- Campus VisitMar172:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- TAKE 30: Why Does Liberal Education Matter?Mar174:30 PM - 5:00 PMTAKE 30 is a 30-minute conversation series, led by University of Richmond professors and community leaders, to consider questions important for our region today. Each TAKE 30 is free and open to the public. Join us for this month's TAKE 30 discussion on "Why Does Liberal Education Matter?" with Dr. Ronald Crutcher, President, University of Richmond.Dr. Ronald A. Crutcher, a national leader in... Continue reading
- STI ClinicMar176:00 PM - 8:00 PMThe Richmond City Health District will be providing free STI testing at the Student Health Center on campus.... Continue reading