Calendar of Events
Now showing events from October 25, 2016 to October 26, 2016
- Pizza & Pedagogy-Faculty Conversation on Teaching Strategies: Flipped ClassroomOct2512:00 PM - 1:00 PMFeaturing Don Forsyth, Michelle Hamm, and Erik Craft. It seems a new teaching strategy comes along every few months that promises lasting impact on the classroom. These strategies are sometimes so new that research is not available to back the validity of the strategy. Through discussions with professors using a particular strategy, we desire to help faculty understand the practical applications... Continue reading
- Campus VisitOct252:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Leadership, Gender, & Public Service: A Conversation with Selena Cuffee-GlennOct254:00 PM - 5:00 PMThe Women & Leadership reading group invites faculty and staff to a special public discussion featuring Selena Cuffee-Glenn, chief administrative officer for the city of Richmond. Please note the special time and location for this event. All are welcome! These event is open to all faculty and staff, and there is no need to RSVP.
- The Choice: Energy & Environment Issues in the 2016 ElectionOct254:00 PM - 6:00 PMJoin Trevor Houser, energy policy adviser to Hillary Clinton's campaign, and Congressman Kevin Cramer (R-ND), energy policy adviser to Donald Trump's campaign, in a forum about the energy and environmental issues surrounding the 2016 presidential election. The two advisers will participate in a debate, moderated by Prof. Noah Sachs, followed by an open Q&A with attendees.... Continue reading
- Multifaith Student Council Supper ClubOct256:00 PM - 7:00 PMJoin us every Tuesday night from 6-7pm in the Wilton Center for our weekly Supper Club!The Supper Club is a weekly gathering which invites students of all faiths, and those of no faith tradition, to come together for food and discussion. Each dinner will explore current topics and headlines and how our religious traditions inform our understanding of the world around us. All faith traditions are... Continue reading
- BCM MeetingOct257:30 PM - 9:00 PMJoin the Baptist Campus Ministry for their weekly small group meeting.BCM Richmond is a campus ministry open to people of all backgrounds & traditions, welcoming students who are seeking to follow Christ together in community.
- Jewish Life-Torah TuesdayOct257:30 PM - 8:30 PMEvery week, on Tuesday nights at 7:30 in the Wilton Center Conference Room, Hillel comes together to discuss different topics, engage in a social action project, or just hang out. Each topic, generated by our Hillel leadership team, is framed through Jewish values. Then, as a group we discuss how this topic is immediately relevant to our lives at UR in the 21st century. We have four distinct... Continue reading
- KairosOct258:00 PM - 8:30 PMKairos is a contemplative Christian service that offers students sacred time to reflect on life's deepest questions. Led by Chaplaincy staff and students who serve on the Kairos Leadership Team, the 30-minute service includes scripture, hymns, contemporary music, prayer, candle lighting, and a brief homily. Each week, the service focuses on a theme and question that help students consider their... Continue reading
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2016Oct26All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center where we DARE you TO EXCEL! ... Continue reading
- Spider Breakfast Seminar: RichmondOct267:45 AM - 9:00 AMPlease join fellow Richmond-area alumni for a complimentary breakfast and remarks from Dr. Erik Johnson, Assistant Professor of Economics. Dr. Johnson and a current student have conducted research to aid in the Greater Richmond Partnership in business recruitment. He will be discussing their findings in his lecture Fortune 1000 Headquarter Relocations: Current and Future Trends.... Continue reading