Calendar of Events
Now showing events from October 16, 2015 to October 16, 2015
- Catalogue of Silence: Sarajevo's Museums and Libraries after the 1992-95 WarOct1612:00 AM - 12:00 AMTanja Softić works across the media of printmaking, drawing, and book arts. She is a recipient of the Pollock-Krasner Grant, a National Endowment for the Arts/ Southern Arts Federation Visual Artist Fellowship, and a Soros Foundation — Open Society Institute Exhibition Support Grant. Her work is included in numerous collections in the United States and abroad, among them the New... Continue reading
- Academic Skills Center - Tutoring Fall 2015Oct16All DayWELCOME to the Academic Skills Center which is dedicated to your QUEST for EXCELLENCE! Please email Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Walton at email@example.com for an individual assessment! Tutorial assistance will be provided from 3:00-9:00 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays, and from 3:00-7:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Come and visit our website!
- Campus VisitOct169:45 AM - 12:00 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Chair MassagesOct1611:00 AM - 1:00 PMChair massages are offered at no cost during the academic year and are given on a first come, first served basis. Fall 2015 Schedule: Fridays from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Weinstein Center Lobby Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Boatwright Library Please visit the Massage Therapy page for more information about the program.
- Meeting and Greeting Alumni: A Fall Gathering Pre-Reception Crash Course for Law StudentsOct1612:00 PM - 1:00 PMNetworking advice to help students prepare for Fall Gathering on 10/16/15. Registration: https://c58-shib.symplicity.com/sso/
- CCE Brown Bag: Transcending Gender from a Legal Perspective: Issues and OptionsOct1612:30 PM - 1:25 PMJoin us for this week's Brown Bag discussion on "Transcending Gender from a Legal Perspective: Issues and Options" with Afton Bradley, Trans Health Services Program Manager, Fan Free Clinic, and Bary Hausrath, Board Secretary, Virginia Equality Bar Association.This event is part of UR Comes Out: A Celebration of LGBTQ History Month.The Bonner Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) initiated the Brown... Continue reading
- Campus VisitOct162:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 45-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- International Film Series: Güeros (Mexico)Oct163:00 PM - 4:45 PMGüerosFriday, October 16, 3 & 7:30 p.m.Sunday, October 18, 7:30 p.m.(Mexico, 2014, directed by Alonso Ruiz Palacios, 105 min., not rated)While engaging in unorthodox ways of killing time during a lengthy university strike, students Sombra and Santos unexpectedly must take in Sombra’s young bother Tomas. Their aimless lifestyle is turned on its head when Tomas convinces Sombra and Santos to... Continue reading
- 1L Employment Search Skills Workshops (Law CDO)Oct164:00 PM - 5:00 PMThese small-group sessions cover the practice settings most likely to employ 1Ls; resources for pursuing summer employment organized by practice setting; resume and cover letter guidelines; tips for success; and a career development timeline.
- Downtown Arts: Richmond Symphony Casual Fridays Concert: Nielsen: Symphony No. 4, Opus 29 "The Inextinguishable"Oct165:00 PM - 8:00 PMAs part of the Downtown Arts program, UR Downtown will host a gathering in advance of this performance for University of Richmond students, faculty, staff, and alumni and local performers and directors. Performance tickets will be purchased for students in advance. Transportation from University of Richmond main campus and dinner will be provided. Registration is required.Richmond Symphony... Continue reading