Calendar of Events
Now showing events from April 20, 2017 to May 14, 2017
- Exchange Student Farewell ReceptionApr205:00 PM - 6:30 PMA vibrant part of student life on campus, the University of Richmond bids a fond farewell to its Fall 2016 exchange students. Highlighted by a student-nominated speaker, the Farewell features a short program, awards ceremony, and a festive menu. By invitation only.
- Takács QuartetApr207:30 PMRecognized as one of the world’s great ensembles, the Takács Quartet plays with a unique blend of drama, warmth, and humor, combining four distinct musical personalities to bring fresh insights to the string quartet repertoire. For 32 years the ensemble has been in-residence at the University of Colorado, Boulder.... Continue reading
- The GloamingApr237:30 PMDublin’s The Gloaming features five of the world’s greatest Celtic musicians including singer Iarla Ó Lionaird, and Martin Hayes, praised by the San Francisco Chronicle as “one of the best fiddlers on the planet.” Rounding out The Gloaming is hardanger fiddler Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh, guitarist Dennis Cahill, and pianist Thomas Bartlett who also is known... Continue reading
- Bolshoi Ballet Broadcast: Contemporary EveningApr3012:55 PMAn evening of the best dancers with masters of contemporary choreography results in an outstanding synthesis of bringing Van Manen’s formal beauty, León and Lightfoot’s intensity, and Ratmansky’s witty brilliance to a new level. ... Continue reading
- Enchantment Theatre Company, Peter Rabbit TalesApr303:00 PM“Once upon a time there were four little rabbits, and their names were – Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter….” These famous opening lines of The Tale of Peter Rabbit have enchanted young audiences for more than 100 years with the exploits of a charming hero, who, going against his mother’s wishes, has adventures (and misadventures) in Mr.... Continue reading
- School Series: Peter Rabbit TalesMay0110:00 AM“Once upon a time there were four little rabbits, and their names were – Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter…” In celebration of Beatrix Potter’s 150th birthday anniversary, Enchantment Theatre brings her beloved tales to life with fantastic masks, whimsical puppets, gorgeous scenery, and original music. Peter Rabbit and his cousin Benjamin Bunny escape from Mr.... Continue reading
- OIE Class of '17 Grad Reception: From Local Brew to Global FoodsMay053:30 PM - 5:30 PMMaking it to commencement is no small feat. Join your peers from the Class of 2017 who have studied abroad and those who are from other countries to celebrate your academic and international accomplishments. Featuring local beers and a light menu inspired by cultures from around the world, this reception is sure to be a hit with you, your friends, and family. By invitation only.
- University Staff Advisory Council Monthly MeetingMay091:00 PM - 3:00 PMUSAC members meet monthly to review concerns from fellow staff members and receive updates on campus programs for affinity groups. A summary of the meeting, as well as full minutes, will be posted one week after a meeting takes place.
- Marshall Center Lecture Series: Robert K. FaulknerMay114:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies' Marshall Center Lecture Series presents Robert K. Faulkner, professor of political science at Boston College, for a lecture on Democratic Greatness? Tocqueville on American Ambition, on Thurs. May 11 at 4:30 p.m. in the Weinstein Hall, Brown-Alley Room. The event is free and open to the public but advance registration is required. For more... Continue reading
- Bolshoi Ballet Broadcast: A Hero of Our TimeMay1412:55 PMThis new riveting production of the Bolshoi is based on one of Russia’s finest literary masterpieces, a tragic poetic journey for the first time in cinemas. ... Continue reading