Calendar of Events
Now showing events from February 24, 2017 to February 24, 2017
- Robins School of Business Focused Friday: How to Design a StartupFeb2411:15 AM - 1:30 PMThe Robins School of Business will host their final Focused Friday of the 2016-2017 academic year.... Continue reading
- Pushing Forward: Tips for Landing Your First Post-Graduate JobFeb2412:00 PM - 12:50 PMRecent alumni share strategies, tips and encouragement for 3Ls searching for post-graduate employment. Register via Symplicity.
- Gerrymandering and the Future of Congressional RepresentationFeb2412:30 PM - 1:25 PMPlease join the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement for this week's Brown Bag on Gerrymandering and the Future of Congressional Representation. Speaker Alex Keena, Adjunct Professor of Political Science, will talk about the definitions and process behind redistricting and gerrymandering, as well as the impact gerrymandering may have on democracy, our community, and our nation. Pizza will be... Continue reading
- Muslim Life-Jumah PrayerFeb241:00 PM - 2:00 PMJumah Prayer is held each Friday in the Inter-Religious Prayer Room located in the Wilton Center. All are invited to attend.
- The Peace Project - Reflections on art, cinema and perceptionFeb242:00 PM - 3:00 PMMary Zournazi, Senior Lecturer of Sociology, University of New South Wales, will deliver the keynote lecture at the conference Change is Possible and Necessary: New Perspectives on Wim Wenders as Filmmaker and Visual Critic.... Continue reading
- Campus VisitFeb242:15 PM - 4:30 PMGeared toward prospective students and their families, the campus visit offers a general introduction to the University of Richmond, providing information on academics, student life, the application process, and financial aid. The visit typically includes a 30-minute information session conducted by an admission officer and a 90-minute walking tour led by a current student. Be sure to dress in... Continue reading
- Film Screening: "I Think You're Totally Wrong"Feb243:00 PM - 5:00 PMBest-selling author David Shields will present a screening of “I Think You’re Totally Wrong,” a comedic film adapted from his book of the same name starring James Franco, Caleb Powell and Shields himself. This event is free and open to the public.
- Film: Shun Li and the Poet (Italy)Feb243:00 PM - 9:15 PMDir. Andrea Segre, Italy, 2011, 98 min. Shun Li works in a factory near Rome, trying to pay off the broker that brought her from China to Italy, and saving money so her young son can join her. She is suddenly transferred to work as a bartender at a pub in a small town along the Venetian Lagoon, and there she strikes up a tender friendship with Bepi, a fisherman nicknamed “the Poet,” who... Continue reading
- The Promise of American DemocracyFeb244:30 PM - 6:00 PMThe School of Arts and Sciences welcomes Dr. Robert G. O'Meally, Zora Neale Hurston Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Columbia University.... Continue reading
- Peer Advisors and Mentors Program (PAM) Boys & Girls Club Community Service ActivityFeb244:30 PM - 6:30 PMThe Peer Advisors and Mentors Program (PAM) Boys & Girls Club Community Service Activity will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in the THC-Alice Haynes Room on Friday, February 24, 2017. Participants will join in activities on a theme to be determined by the PAM leadership team. Open to PAM mentors and mentees only. http://pam.richmond.edu/programs-events/index.html