Update Friday, March 20 1:30 p.m.
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this Symposium will not be held as a live event. The organizers are exploring a virtual option to be held in April, and we will be sure to keep this page up-to-date as we figure out the details. Thank you for your understanding.
Join the Journal of Law and Technology at their Spring Symposium to explore the changes technology has inspired in the business model of legal practices. Speakers will discuss a variety of topics including how innovations in technology and data analytics are transforming the private sector and access to justice, as well as the ethical implications that arise with the implementation of technologies into a legal practice.
The symposium will take place on Friday, March 27 beginning at 9 a.m. It is free of charge; breakfast and lunch will be served. CLE credits pending.
- 8:30 a.m. / Check-In & Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. / Opening Remarks
- 9:10 a.m. / Modernizing the Practice of Law - Lucy Bassli, Founder and Principal at InnoLegal Services, PLLC
- 9:55 a.m. / Moving a Small Firm into the New Technology Age - Sam Glover, Founder at Lawyerist.com
- 10:40 a.m. / Break
- 10:50 a.m. / Innovative Uses of Technology for Everyday Practice - Chad Burton, CEO at CuroLegal
- 11:35 a.m. / Strategies in Using Technology to Recruit Clients - Jacob Tingen, Managing Partner at Tingen & Williams
- 12:05 p.m. / Lunch
- 1:05 p.m. / AI for Lawyers: How Can I Be Cutting Edge? - Damien Riehl, Managing Director at Fastcase Legal Research Platform
- 1:50 p.m. / Ethical Use of Social Media and Technology - Danielle Giroux, Partner at Harman Claytor Corrigan & Wellman
- 2:20 p.m. / Break
- 2:30 p.m. / Automating to Serve the 'Latent Legal Market' - Dorna Moini, Founder and CEO at Documate
- 3:15 p.m. / Technology and the Legal Aid of the Future - Matthew Stubenberg, Associate Director of Legal Technology at Access to Justice Lab (Harvard Law School)
- 3:55 p.m. / Walk Before You Run: A Guide to A2J Technology - Amanda Brown, Founder and Executive Director at Lagniappe Law
Learn more about this year's symposium speakers here.