Calendar of Events
Now showing events from April 2, 2017 to April 3, 2017
- DarkroomApr02All DayNow on view in the Carole Weinstein International Center gallery, a student-curated bilingual exhibition of the original drawings of the graphic novel Darkroom:A Memoir in Black & White by Lila Quintero Weaver.... Continue reading
- CrewApr0210:15 AM - 1:30 PMHep us cheer on the Crew Team as they compete against Regatta in Occoquan, Virginia!
- University Museums Family DayApr021:00 PM - 3:00 PMJoin us for a FREE arts-centered family fun day with hands-on activities, exhibitions, refreshments, and story time. Open to the public.
- Global Sounds ConcertApr023:00 PMCelebrate traditional music and dance from around the world with this free, family-friendly concert featuring Japanese, Indonesian, West African, Indian, and Brazilian music. Enjoy dance performances by local and visiting ensembles and stay after the show to interact with the instruments, including the gamelan and drums.
- Catholic MassApr025:00 PM - 6:00 PMOur celebration of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass is "the source and summit of the Christian life" according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.Visiting priests preside at Mass on Sundays at 5 p.m. in Cannon Memorial Chapel during the academic year. Students direct the music and serve as lectors, ushers and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is... Continue reading
- Zen Buddhist SanghaApr027:00 PM - 8:30 PMZen Buddhist Sangha, a.k.a. UR Zen, supports the practice and exploration of Buddhist meditation, harmonizing with the present moment through open awareness of body, breath, and mind. We meet weekly in the Interfaith Prayer Room at the Wilton Center on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. The meditation period is 30 minutes. Newcomers can arrange for meditation instruction by email to Kevin,... Continue reading
- Film: The Second Mother (Brazil)Apr027:30 PM - 9:30 PMDir. Anna Muylaert, Brazil, 2015, 112 min. Val has spent a decade working as a housekeeper for a wealthy family in São Paulo, raising her employers’ son as her own. When Val’s estranged daughter unexpectedly visits and questions the social order of the household, loyalties are tested, forcing everyone to reckon with the meaning of family— in this sharp examination of class dynamics in... Continue reading
- Walk-in or schedule an appointment!Apr03All DayDARE TO EXCEL!... Continue reading
- DarkroomApr03All DayNow on view in the Carole Weinstein International Center gallery, a student-curated bilingual exhibition of the original drawings of the graphic novel Darkroom:A Memoir in Black & White by Lila Quintero Weaver.... Continue reading
- Breakfast with Dean PerdueApr038:30 AM - 9:30 AMJoin Dean Perdue, Dean of the Law School, for a morning of informal conversation at this students-only event. Breakfast will be served.